Tanzania Marketing Manager
We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial marketing manager who is passionate about our mission of driving financial inclusion in Tanzania. You will build and execute marketing campaigns for a number of products and services and be responsible for our local brand and acquisition strategy.
This is an opportunity to join an early stage team to launch a new business. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced startup environment where they are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
About Transsnet Financial
Transsnet Financial is launching game-changing fintech apps in the Tanzanian market to help people transact, save and borrow money. Transsnet is a joint venture between Transsion, the manufacturers of smartphone brands used by over 30% of Africans, including Tecno, Infinix and Itel, and NetEase, one of China’s biggest internet companies.
You will have the benefits of working in a startup environment as part of an international team with the opportunity to make a big impact, while being supported by the resources and network of our established parent companies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top university, additional marketing-specific qualifications and training a plus
- 2+ of relevant experience either in-house or agency side, team management experience preferred
- Proven background of executing successful campaigns in the Tanzanian market
- Specialised expertise in one or more of the following: social media, media planning, PR, BTL, business development
- Excellent command of the Tanzanian Swahili and English languages
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will take charge of our local marketing activities, conduct market and customer research, execute integrated campaigns and build brand partnership initiatives.
- Plan, prioritise and execute marketing activities in line with company brand positioning and growth targets.
- Develop, execute and measure performance of marketing activities. This includes ATL, BTL, PR, social media, email and partnerships.
- Conduct customer research through focus groups, interviews and human centered design processes.
- Monitor marketing expenses and prepare and maintain projections and budgets in collaboration with management.
- Present performance reports on local marketing activities and KPIs to the company.
- Maintain relationships with and coordinate internal and external stakeholders, freelancers and agencies as necessary.
- Hire and supervise a team of marketing associates.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You take initiative and don’t wait to be asked. You’re results driven. Once you’re given a goal, you won’t stop until you’ve figured out how to make it happen.
- Move fast: You must be able to multitask and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Great communicator: You are a bridge builder and influencer who is able to get buy in from other stakeholders for your ideas. You are comfortable collaborating with a cross-cultural team across multiple timezones.
- Creative: You are creative and able to think outside the box. You have knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts with proven background of executing successful campaigns in the Tanzanian market.
- Data driven: You make decisions based on data and have strong quantitative skills to run analysis and produce dashboards and reports.